5 Castor Oil Remedies to Make Acne, Blackheads, Pores & Wrinkles Disappear
to say that castor oil is one of the top ingredients for flawless skin that does not age before time. It is great for many skin issues like acne, blackheads, whiteheads, open pores, wrinkles and more.
When it comes to castor oil, I do speak from personal experience. One of the first products I formulated for Apasra was our Jojoba Facial Serum, which includes castor oil as one of the ingredients. Shortly after using this serum, my skin was clearer, my pores were unclogged and my skin took on a clean and glowing appearance.
So what makes castor oil such an awesome ingredient you might ask. In my opinion two things stand out very clearly. One is castor oil’s ability to degrease and another is its anti-inflammatory properties.
1. Reduces acne, blackheads, whiteheads and closes open pores. Castor oil’s degreasing properties are legendary. As far as skin care is concerned a degreasing ingredient dissolves excess oils hardened in your pores. This hardened sebum causes blackheads, whiteheads and acne. But not just that. The fact that your skin is over-producing oils indicates that your skin is imbalanced and your pores are
most likely open. Castor oil has a great fatty acid profile, and that serves to deeply nourish your skin and bring it into balance while cleaning it out at a very deep level.
So in a short period of time your pores are much reduced in appearance; blackheads and whiteheads disappear and you get clear and acne-free skin. The trick however is to use castor oil wisely.
Used alone it can result in a purging reaction where it might seem that your skin is breaking out more. In reality what might be happening is that your pores might be cleaning out very quickly, and the debris coming to surface all at once. So use an intelligently made product which combines castor oil in just the right proportion with many other natural ingredients to give you that flawless skin you want.
Our Jojoba Facial Serum is one such product.
2. Prevents & fades the look of redness & rosacea: Castor oil has anti-inflammatory properties. This fact is very well recognized in Ayurveda. Therefore castor oil is a great one to calm down your skin while nourishing it. Inflammation can be a result of free radical damage. It can result in lines, wrinkles, rosacea, acne, dark spots and a host of other skin issues. Castor oil comes to the rescue. It calms and pacifies your skin and help even its tone and texture.
3. Fades lines, wrinkles and slows down skin aging: In addition to its anti-inflammatory properties, castor oil has an awesome fatty acid profile.
It deeply nourishes your skin and heals skin cell membranes so that they can hold on to more water. Therefore your skin looks plump and the look of lines and wrinkles is reduced. Its wonderful nutritional profile can encourage the buildup of collagen and elastin while at the same time discouraging their breakdown.
4. Deeply nourishes and revitalizes dry skin: Yet again it is castor oil’s fatty acid profile that helps it get dry skin back to life so to speak. As you skin cell membranes get healthier, they are able to lock in more moisture, which is the key thing for dry skin recovery. If you dry skin is the result of eczema or dermatitis, castor oil’s legendary anti-inflammatory properties come to the rescue to possibly reduce the appearance of these skin issues.
Here is how you can use castor oil in easy home remedies.
Castor and Jojoba Anti-Acne Mask:
1 TSP jojoba oil
6 drops of castor oil
1 teaspoon aloe vera gelproperties. Aloe vera with its skin resurfacing plant hormones helps remove dead cells and pore clogging impurities. Use 1-2 times a week.
"This is the only product that has worked on my acne. I saw results within 3-4 days."
Castor and Sunflower Dry Skin Revival Mask
1 TSP sunflower oil
8 drops castor oil
5 drops vegetable glycerin
Castor, Date and Almond Anti-Aging Mask
1 TSP almond oil
1 teaspoon mashed up date fruit
8 drops of castor oilminutes and wipe off with a wet towel. Apply your toner, serum and lotion right after.
Dates and almond oil have been known in Ayurveda for their wonderful anti-aging properties. Another notable and natural anti-aging ingredient is carrot seed oil. That is the reason it makes its place in Apsara’s Carrot Seed Lotion and Sweet Almond and Wheatgerm Age Defense Serum.
Castor, Olive and Brown Sugar Scrub for Glowing Skin
1 teaspoon brown sugar (powdered)
9 drops castor oil
Enough olive oil to make a thick paste
While castor oil deep cleans your pores, it is the olive oil and brown sugar mix which loosens up the top layers of your skin. This easy and effective scrub leaves your skin glowing and soft. Use once a week. Do not use if your skin is acne-prone. Scrubbing is best avoided in case you have acne; it can irritate the skin.
5. Castor and Banana Blackhead Fading Mask
1 TSP mashed up banana
6 drops of castor oil
Mix well and massage into the blackhead-prone areas of your skin. This mask is wonderful to dissolve and fade the look of blackheads along the T-zone. Massage in gently for about 5 minutes and the wipe off with a wet towel. Apply your toner, serum and lotion right after.
Apsara’s Jojoba Facial Serum is a great product to balance out you skin and help unclog blackheads and significantly reduce the appearance of acne.
"I found Apsara through a friend & my results have been absolutely amazing."
Fill out this form if you need help choosing the right Apsara products for your skin and hair care.
What would you like the next article to be about. Let me know in comments below.
Go natural. It is good karma!