By: Vidushi R. & Sheetal R.
Wondering which natural ingredient can fix your skin problems? Aloe vera is just that miracle plant. Aloe vera has various healing properties that keep your skin healthy, fresh and would definitely leave you craving for more.
Originated in East Africa and the Mediterranean region, this plant has been used for over 5000 years because of its many components and their medicinal uses. A large number of minerals and elements in aloe vera include about 12 vitamins, 18 amino acids, magnesium, zinc, selenium, chlorine, geranium, etc. making it one of the richest and most versatile plants in terms of composition and its uses.
Aloe vera is called kumari in Sanskrit and has been used in Ayurveda for thousands of years for its variety of benefits for the body internally as well as externally. You can see aloe vera on the list of ancient Ayurvedic skin and hair care preparations.
If you do not have aloe vera in your skin care routine, I suggest you do. It can be used in home remedies plus your skin care products should have aloe vera in them also. Aloe vera is great for all skin types.
Here are the top 8 uses of aloe vera in skin care.
1. Diminishes Acne: Aloe vera can be effectively used to fight acne. Its 2 hormones – gibberellin and auxin – give that healing touch to your skin. These hormones can heal acne wounds faster by stimulating collagen formation of the skin. Aloe vera’s anti-inflammatory nature reduces the redness and itchiness around pimples. Gibberellins specifically are known to help build up new skin cells faster. Due to its astringent properties, aloe vera closes the appearance of open pores associated with acne-prone skin. While it certainly does a lot single-handedly for acne-prone skin, when paired with other natural ingredients it can be simply magical. The key to having flawless skin is to have a complete daily and weekly skin care routine for acne-prone skin. Be sure to stay away from the harsh run-of-the-mill acne products. They can challenge the skin so much that acne only gets worse or never really goes away.
"...her products are working great. All her products are natural...I’m glad I can continue to use her products."
2. Fades Stretch Marks: Want to get rid of those unsightly stretch marks? Aloe vera is a great bet. Stretch marks are striations that become visible when the skin is stretched far beyond its limits. With consistent application, it lightens the skin over time such that the stretch marks are much less visible. Particularly when combined with Vitamin E, aloe vera can deliver superior results.
10 drops. of Vitamin E oil
Mix well and massage into the skin every night before bed.
Using a massage oil with high-quality Vitamin E instead of a body lotion every day is an awesome idea if you want those stretch marks to fade. Check out Apsara’s Ylang Ylang Massage Oil. It contains natural high-quality Vitamin E from wheat germ oil.
3. Calms Sunburns Quickly: No matter how hard you try to protect your skin, at times too much sun is unavoidable, and you are left with a red and inflamed sunburn. The redness, itchiness, and tenderness of a sunburn can be soothed by the application of aloe vera gel. It helps to replenish skin’s lost moisture content since water is a chief constituent of aloe vera gel. Its moisturizing quality helps reduce the peeling of skin after a burn. Although aloe vera is great for a sunburn, mixing it with some fresh cucumber juice amps up its effects by a huge factor.
Home Remedy to Heal a Sunburn:
1 tsp. of aloe vera gel
4. 100% Natural Moisturizer: If you want a completely natural daily moisturizer in your skin care routine, aloe vera will not disappoint. It keeps the skin hydrated at all times and keeps dryness and irritation at bay. Aloe vera balances the pH of skin and also moisturizes it deeply by raising the water levels of the superficial layers of your skin. It also has anti-inflammatory and wound healing properties in addition. If high-quality aloe vera is paired with other natural ingredients in your skin products like cleansers and lotions, you can rest assured that you are using the right products for your daily skin care.
Want another aloe remedy for your skin? Watch this video to learn how to make an aloe & tomato face mask. Enjoy and don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel!
5. Anti-Aging Properties: Aloe vera has a lot to offer when it comes to your skin care. It mucopolysaccharides (natural sugars in the aloe gel) help raise the moisture levels and water retention in the skin. Aging skin tends to be able to retain far less water making it look dull and sagging. Aloe can fix this issue. Aloe vera has components that stimulate collagen and elastin production. These are proteins that give skin its tight and youthful look. The appearance of lines and wrinkles is also diminished. Since aloe vera reduces flakiness and dryness of skin and tightens open pores, it is able to enhance the youth and vitality of your skin. Superb as a single ingredient, it is insanely good when combined with other natural Ayurvedic anti-aging ingredients like carrot seed oil, almond oil, vetiver oil etc. Be sure you are using products with these superb ingredients in them.
6. Reduces Hyperpigmentation: Sometimes hormonal imbalance (or many other factors) leads to an excess production of melanin in your skin. Melanin is responsible for skin pigmentation; its excess production results in dark spots and patches called hyperpigmentation or melasma. Hyperpigmentation may also occur due to exposure to sunlight for long hours, UV damage or aging. Aloe vera cleanses the skin, raises hydration levels of skin cells and encourages new cells to form quickly, helping the old ones to shed in the process.
Home Remedy for Pigmentation and Dark Spots:
1 tsp. aloe vera gel
1/2 tsp. of fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp. of fresh tomato juice
Enough fuller’s earth to make a paste
Mix well and apply on your skin. Wash in 15 minutes and never forget to apply your serum and lotion right after. Any remedy that uses exfoliating ingredients (like lemon juice) can leave your skin dry. This can only enhance the look of unevenness. Besides, and anti-pigmentation serum made with natural ingredients is the best way to care for your pigmented skin on a daily basis.
7. Promotes Glowing Skin: One safe, effective and natural way to brighten your skin is to use aloe vera on it every day. It is known to contain a compound named anthraquinone that removes dead cells and unnatural darkness of skin caused due to unevenness, sun exposure, to too much buildup of dead cells on the surface of your skin.
2-3 times a week you could gently pat a thin layer of aloe vera gel into your skin and let it dry. Then follow with your serum and lotion for your skin type.
help with skin disorders like eczema, psoriasis, and dermatitis may not be known. But it appears that its rich slimy sugar content can help lock in moisture, its enzymes like bradykinase along with magnesium lactate can soothe the skin and reduce inflammation and itchiness. In addition, its hormones like gibberellins can help regenerate collagen thus helping the skin regenerate faster. Paired with natural oils like that from vetiver and carrot seed can enhance the healing properties of aloe vera and take them to the next level. If you haven’t got an aloe vera plant in your backyard already, get one now and plant it.
Tend to it with loving care & gratitude and it will become your ally and a natural ingredient to use for flawless skin. Remember, a plant is alive and responds to love and good intentions.
Want to join the thousands who said no to harsh chemicals and went natural with their skin and hair care? It is easy. Fill out this form with your questions and I will guide you to the Apsara products that will be perfect for you. Visit this page to read hundreds of user reviews. It is true! These are real people sharing their real stories with the world.
Go natural. It is good karma!